10 Top-Rated Hotels in Oakland for an Unforgettable Stay: Oakland, California is a beautiful city full of history, culture, and fun. Whether you’re visiting for a business trip or pleasure, you’re sure to have an unforgettable stay when you stay in one of the top-rated Hotels in Oakland. Here, we’ll take a look at the 10 best hotels that Oakland has to offer, from luxurious accommodations to budget-friendly options. With all these options, you’re sure to find the perfect place to lay your head while you explore the city.
1) Downtown Oakland Hotels
If you’re looking for easy access to Oakland’s top attractions and a vibrant nightlife scene, staying in a Downtown Oakland hotel is a great choice. Here are our top picks:
1. Marriott Oakland City Center: Located right in the heart of downtown, this Marriott property offers easy access to local shops, restaurants, and attractions, such as Jack London Square and Lake Merritt.
2. The Washington Inn: A historic boutique hotel, the Washington Inn offers a central location, elegant decor, and a rooftop terrace with city views.
3. Oakland Marriott City Center: Boasting a contemporary design and plenty of amenities, this Marriott hotel offers spacious rooms, a fitness center, and a rooftop pool with stunning views.
4. Clarion Hotel Downtown Oakland City Center: A budget-friendly option downtown, the Clarion offers basic accommodations and easy access to BART for exploring the rest of the Bay Area.
5. Z Hotel Jack London Square: Just a few blocks from the waterfront, the Z Hotel offers stylish rooms, a fitness center, and a rooftop terrace with views of the city and the Bay.
No matter which Downtown Oakland hotel you choose, you’re sure to have a convenient and memorable stay in the heart of the city.
2) Waterfront Hotels
Oakland’s waterfront boasts some of the most picturesque views of the Bay Area. And staying in a waterfront hotel can elevate your Oakland experience to a whole new level. Here are our top picks for waterfront hotels in Oakland:
1. Oakland Marriott City Center – This hotel is conveniently located in the heart of downtown Oakland, with views of the bay and easy access to popular attractions like Jack London Square. It’s also within walking distance of the BART, making it easy to explore other parts of the Bay Area.
2. The Waterfront Hotel – This boutique hotel is located in historic Jack London Square and offers stunning views of the harbor. The rooms are tastefully decorated with a nautical theme, and the hotel offers a complimentary wine hour each evening.
3. Executive Inn & Suites Embarcadero Cove – This hotel is located just a few miles from downtown Oakland but feels like a world away. It’s situated on a peaceful marina, with rooms that offer sweeping views of the water. The hotel also has a free shuttle service to take you into downtown Oakland.
4. Homewood Suites by Hilton Oakland Waterfront – This all-suite hotel is located right on the waterfront, with breathtaking views of the bay. Each suite has a full kitchen, making it ideal for extended stays. And the hotel offers a complimentary breakfast each morning, as well as a light dinner on select evenings.
5. Z Hotel Jack London Square – This boutique hotel is located in the heart of Jack London Square, with easy access to shops, restaurants, and entertainment. The rooms have a chic, modern design, and some offer stunning views of the waterfront. And the hotel has a rooftop lounge, where you can enjoy cocktails and small bites while taking in the views.
No matter which waterfront hotel you choose, you’re sure to be treated to some of the most beautiful views in the Bay Area. And with Oakland’s thriving food, arts, and cultural scene, you’ll never run out of things to do.
3) Luxury Hotels
If you’re looking to indulge in the ultimate Oakland experience, there’s no better way than by booking a room at one of the city’s luxurious hotels. From sleek skyscrapers in the heart of the city to elegant historic buildings, Oakland has a range of options that cater to the discerning traveler.
1. The Claremont Club & Spa: This iconic hotel offers unparalleled views of the San Francisco Bay, and is surrounded by 22 acres of landscaped gardens. The Claremont Club & Spa is perfect for those who want to stay in a historic property that has been lovingly restored and updated with modern amenities.
2. The Bellevue Club: This historic hotel is located in the picturesque neighborhood of Lake Merritt, and offers guests the chance to stay in elegantly appointed rooms and suites. The Bellevue Club is also home to a gourmet restaurant and a beautiful outdoor pool.
3. The Oakland Marriott City Center: Located in the heart of downtown Oakland, this luxury hotel is perfect for business travelers and tourists alike. The Oakland Marriott City Center features beautifully designed rooms and suites, as well as a fitness center and an on-site restaurant.
4. The Waterfront Hotel: This boutique hotel offers stunning views of the San Francisco Bay, and is located in the heart of Oakland’s vibrant Jack London Square neighborhood. The Waterfront Hotel features stylishly decorated rooms and suites, as well as a restaurant and bar that specializes in locally sourced ingredients.
5. The Graduate Berkeley: This charming hotel is located just across the bay in Berkeley, but it’s still within easy reach of all the attractions of Oakland. The Graduate Berkeley features beautifully appointed rooms and suites, as well as an on-site restaurant and bar that serves up classic American fare.
Whether you’re looking for a classic hotel experience or something more modern and sleek, Oakland has something for everyone when it comes to luxury accommodations. So go ahead and treat yourself to a little bit of indulgence on your next trip to the Bay Area.
4) Budget-Friendly Hotels
Not everyone wants to break the bank on accommodation while traveling, which is why we’ve put together a list of some great budget-friendly hotels in Oakland.
1. Americas Best Value Inn – Located in downtown Oakland, this hotel offers affordable rooms with free Wi-Fi and continental breakfast.
2. Jack London Inn – This hotel is located near the waterfront and has rooms starting at just $70 per night. They also offer free parking and a shuttle service to nearby attractions.
3. Days Hotel by Wyndham Oakland Airport-Coliseum – This hotel offers affordable rooms near the airport with a complimentary shuttle service to the airport and BART station.
4. Budget Inn Oakland – With rooms starting at just $50 per night, this hotel offers a budget-friendly option for those who need a place to crash.
5. Extended Stay America – Oakland – Emeryville – This hotel offers extended stay options at affordable rates, perfect for those in town for work or an extended stay.
While these budget-friendly options may not offer all the amenities of their luxury counterparts, they offer a comfortable and affordable option for those traveling on a budget.
5) Boutique Hotels
If you’re looking for a unique and personalized experience during your stay in Oakland, a boutique hotel might be just what you need. These small, independent hotels are known for their attention to detail, stylish design, and personalized service. Here are some of the top-rated boutique hotels in Oakland:
1. The Claremont Club & Spa, A Fairmont Hotel: This iconic hotel boasts stunning views of San Francisco Bay, luxurious rooms and suites, and a spa that offers a range of treatments.
2. Waterfront Hotel, a Joie de Vivre Hotel: Located in the heart of Jack London Square, this hotel offers a nautical-inspired design, stunning views of the waterfront, and a range of amenities including complimentary breakfast.
3. The Inn at Jack London Square: This charming hotel features a Mediterranean-inspired design, spacious rooms with fireplaces, and a rooftop terrace with views of the bay.
4. The Washington Inn: Located in the heart of downtown Oakland, this historic hotel features stylishly appointed rooms and suites, a complimentary breakfast, and easy access to Oakland’s cultural attractions.
5. The Oaklander Hotel: This brand-new hotel is located in the heart of Oakland’s Uptown district and features a chic, modern design, a rooftop bar, and a range of amenities including a fitness center and complimentary Wi-Fi.
No matter which boutique hotel you choose, you can be sure of a personalized experience that’s tailored to your individual needs and preferences. These hotels offer a unique and memorable stay in Oakland that’s sure to leave a lasting impression.
6) Extended Stay Hotels
If you’re planning on staying in Oakland for an extended period of time, you’ll want a hotel that caters to longer stays with added amenities and comfort. Here are our top picks for extended-stay hotels in Oakland:
1. Homewood Suites by Hilton Oakland Waterfront: Located in the vibrant Jack London Square, this hotel offers fully equipped kitchens, free breakfast, and evening socials. Guests can also enjoy a fitness center, outdoor pool, and complimentary shuttle service within a 3-mile radius.
2. Courtyard Oakland Downtown: This modern hotel features spacious suites with separate living areas, kitchenettes, and free Wi-Fi. Amenities include a fitness center, an on-site restaurant, and easy access to nearby attractions like the Oakland Museum of California.
3. Extended Stay America – Oakland – Alameda: This budget-friendly option offers studio suites with full kitchens and free grab-and-go breakfast. It’s conveniently located near Oakland International Airport and is just a short drive from downtown Oakland.
4. Hyatt House Emeryville: This all-suite hotel offers fully equipped kitchens, free breakfast, and evening socials. Guests can also enjoy the outdoor pool and hot tub, fitness center, and on-site bar and restaurant.
5. Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Oakland/Alameda: This hotel features spacious suites with separate living areas and full kitchens, along with free breakfast and Wi-Fi. There’s also an outdoor pool and fitness center for guests to enjoy.
No matter what your needs are for an extended stay, these hotels offer comfort and convenience for your home away from home.
7) Unique and Unusual Hotels
If you’re looking for an unforgettable stay in Oakland, consider booking a room at one of the city’s unique and unusual hotels. From historic landmarks to offbeat lodgings, these accommodations offer a one-of-a-kind experience.
1. The USS Hornet: Stay aboard this decommissioned aircraft carrier and experience life on a naval vessel. The ship has been turned into a museum and hotel, complete with restored sleeping quarters and a mess hall.
2. The Bellevue Club: This members-only social club has a few guest rooms available for non-members to book. The building dates back to the early 1900s and boasts a stunning Art Deco design.
3. The Claremont Club & Spa: This luxurious hotel offers a unique amenity – a private club featuring an Olympic-sized pool, tennis courts, and a spa.
4. The Marina Inn on San Francisco Bay: This nautical-themed hotel features rooms with waterfront views and a collection of vintage ships docked nearby.
5. The Inn at Temescal: Located in the heart of Oakland’s trendy Temescal neighborhood, this boutique hotel is decorated with funky, eclectic artwork and features cozy rooms with private balconies.
6. The Pacific Sail Inn: This charming bed and breakfast is located in a restored Victorian home and offers rooms with private entrances, outdoor patios, and antique furnishings.
7. The Berkeley City Club: Designed by famed architect Julia Morgan, this historic hotel and social club boasts stunning Gothic Revival architecture and elegant furnishings.
8. The Hotel Mac: This quaint, family-owned hotel has been a local landmark for over 100 years and offers cozy rooms with vintage decor and a popular on-site restaurant.
9. The Cathedral Building: Stay in the heart of downtown Oakland in this historic landmark building, which has been converted into apartments and guest rooms with stunning city views.
10. The California Hotel: This historic hotel was once a hub of the jazz and blues scene in West Oakland. Today, it offers affordable rooms with a touch of old-school charm.